Join us in London
DATE: Monday, 9 December
TIME: 9:30am - 4:00pm GMT
LOCATION: St Bride Foundation (Bridewell Hall), 14 Bride Ln, London EC4Y 8EQ, UK
To remain competitive in today's fast-paced, digital world, your business needs to adopt technologies that enable you to innovate and scale. Kubernetes is quickly becoming the choice solution for teams looking to deliver modern cloud native applications while decreasing cost and optimizing resources. However, learning and managing Kubernetes while navigating the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF) landscape of tools can be a significant challenge.
In this hands-on workshop, we will cover an introduction to kubernetes architecture, concepts, and capabilities; install a kubernetes cluster; deploy sample applications using kubernetes networking and storage concepts; and introduce an ecosystem of open source technologies needed to manage the lifecycle of kubernetes on Day 2 and beyond.
We will be joined at this event by ECS Digital, our training and services partner. ECS will share their real-world experiences of deploying applications using containers in a wide range of customer environments--from small startups, to household-name Financial Services giants. ECS will give a perspective on how these clients manage their containers, and the challenges along the way.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- An introduction to Kubernetes and the CNCF Landscape (Cloud Native Computing Foundation)
- Hands-on installation and management of Kubernetes cluster with D2iQ Konvoy
- How to deploy and expose Kubernetes applications using an ingress controller (Layer 4 and Layer 7)
- Leverage persistent storage in Kubernetes using Container Storage Interface (CSI)
- Learn and explore popular Kubernetes tools such as Helm and Istio
- Observability of Kubernetes Cluster and Services with Prometheus, Grafana, Elastic and Kibana
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- DevOps and Site Reliability Engineers
- Infrastructure Architects
- IT Managers, Application Architects, DevOps Leaders/Operators
Attendees should have fundamental knowledge of kubernetes concepts and architecture, kubernetes networking and storage concepts, familiarity and comfort working with a command line terminal and file editor.
9:00 am - Check-in, Meet and Greet
9:30 am - Introductions and Overview
10:00 am - The CNCF Landscape and D2iQ Konvoy
10:30 am - [ECS Digital] The Microsoft retirement home; moving legacy Windows applications to containers for a high street bank, and what we learned along the way.
11:00 am - Labs - Installing a Kubernetes cluster, Deploying kubernetes services with networking and storage concepts
12:30 pm - Lunch
1:30 pm - [ECS Digital] Diamonds, Blockchain and Start-ups; how the old world of gem trading is adopting containers to trace diamonds on their journey from the mine to the engagement ring.
2:00 pm - Labs - Day 2 Operations for Kubernetes, Operators, and Observability
3:45 pm - Final Q&A
4:00 pm - Wrap up
**Please bring your laptop**