Join us in Los Angeles with
To remain competitive in today's fast-paced, digital world, your business needs to adopt technologies that enable you to innovate and scale. Kubernetes has become the choice solution for teams looking to deliver modern cloud native applications while decreasing cost and optimizing resources. However, learning and managing Kubernetes while navigating the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF) landscape of projects can be a significant challenge.
D2iQ offers this complimentary hands-on workshop enabling you to get up and running on Kubernetes with simple installation, scaling, and management of the platform--on any infrastructure. Leveraging D2iQ’s Konvoy, a cloud native distribution of Kubernetes with the best of breed open-source projects from the CNCF, this workshop will provide a foundation for how to reliably deploy and operate production-ready Kubernetes. This workshop is a great primer for all levels and covers everything you need for implementation and planning for day two.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- An introduction to Kubernetes and the CNCF Landscape (Cloud Native Computing Foundation)
- Hands-on installation and lifecycle management (scaling, upgrading) of the Kubernetes cluster
- How to deploy and expose Kubernetes applications using an ingress controller (Layer 4 and Layer 7)
- Leverage persistent storage in Kubernetes using Container Storage Interface (CSI)
- Applications on Kubernetes - Helm, Operators, and KUDO
- Observability of Kubernetes Cluster and Services with Prometheus, Grafana, Elastic and Kibana
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- DevOps and Site Reliability Engineers
- Infrastructure Architects
- IT Managers, Application Architects, DevOps Leaders/Operators
1817 Film Studios
1817 W Verdugo Ave.
Burbank, CA 91506
8:30 am - Check-in, Networking, Breakfast
9:00 am - D2iQ Introductions and overview of the day
9:05 am - Brief introduction to Managing the Kubernetes Lifecycle
9:30 am - The CNCF Landscape and D2iQ Konvoy
10:00 am - Labs
- Installing Kubernetes with Konvoy
- Deploying Kubernetes services with networking and storage concepts
12:00 pm - Lunch
12:45 pm - Labs
- Day 2 Operations for Kubernetes
- Helm, Kubernetes Operators, and Kudo
- Observability (Metrics, Logging, and Monitoring)
2:30 pm - Final Q&A + Wrap Up
Please bring your laptop.